Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Quality Memories

Yesterday I was sitting in our family room reading; my wife was browsing some forums and we were both listening to some music selection made a long time ago.
At a particular song my wife turned to me and asked:
- Do you remember when WE first heard this song?
- We were young(er)?
- Yes…but when?
Not sure… [ That was THE wrong answer…long silence from me]
- I was at the university and you were visiting me…we were both so young…
I missed again and yet I made myself a habit to remember and engrave in my memory important things about our relationship. But 22 years comes a long away and sometime I slip on the ice.

Same thing with your customer. Be sure to write down anything pertaining to his products. Made design reviews, changes reviews and put everything in that related customer file.

A good QMS should be aware of anything customer related. From his first request to that delivery yesterday. From good coups to his request for “change opportunities” a.k.a. complaints, everything he asks for is another reason to show him that he was right to have you as his best supplier.

Don’t disappoint him and you will have best relationship ever.

Don’t we all wish to have that?

1 comment:

kaitan said...

Funny thing,i was trying to remember the last name of my first love ( the one,the only,etc) no chance ,same thing with the second one :)
I use to have a Mempad session open on my secondary screen all the time,noticing anything valuable;based on this ,the remark "the way you adapt a gothic broche to an elegant suite is unbelievable" brought me the contract :) .